[K12OSN] Guide Topics?

Brian Beck Linux_Man at comcast.net
Fri Mar 18 18:37:49 UTC 2005

As I'll be graduating from HS soon and leaving behind the K12LTSP server
  I built and configured for them, I'm in the process of writing a
detailed guide to LTSP - the basic concept, how it works, selecting
server hardware, installing and configuring K12LTSP, etc.  The project
has grown beyond a simple chronicle of everything I've done into what I
hope to be a fairly comprehensive guide to getting a K12LTSP server
running.  Here are the topics I've covered so far:

(1) Terminal Server Concept & Advantages of Terminal Servers
(2) Advantages of LTSP
(3) Selecting Server Hardware
(4) Selecting: K12LTSP vs. Installing LTSP on another distro
(5) Configuring the K12LTSP Install
(6) Proxies and locked settings in Mozilla/Mozilla Firefox
(7) Integrating into an existing Novell Netware Network
(8) Window Manager Choices

I've been compiling the information in the guide from a combination of
personal experience, web searches, and stuff I've learned from this
list.  I've given credit where due.  I'm adding more topics as I think
of them, but what other topics would you guys like to see in the guide?
  When it's nearing completion, I intend to post it for you guys to
review and critique.