[K12OSN] some apt package build errors (still)

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Mon Mar 21 01:26:50 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 11:48 -0800, Eric Harrison wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Gavin Chester wrote:
>
> > A few weeks ago I reported some errors with apt that were partly
> > answered and fixed at the time (primarily my own clumsy ignorance at the
> > time).  However, I have two errors that were present in my first report
> > and which have persisted through three instances of 'apt-get dist-
> > upgrade', each spaced about a week apart.  I'm no closer to seeing a
> > solution to these, so if anyone can shed light on why I keep getting
> > these errors when apt tries to install upgrades:
> >

> > raidtools              ###########################################
> > [ 15%]
> > error: unpacking of archive failed on file /sbin/mkraid: cpio:
> > lsetfilecon failed - Invalid argument
>
> I googled for "lsetfilecon failed" and it appears to be related to
> SELinux. Just for kicks, can you use yum and/or up2date and see if the
> error goes away?
>
>  	up2date -i raidtools
>  	yum install raidtools

Thanks, Eric but I got this result from each update tool:

---------------------
yum install raidtools
No Match for argument: raidtools
Nothing to do

	&
up2date -i raidtools
The following packages you requested were not found:
raidtools
---------------------

I'm using the standard k12 list of repos.  Nevermind, I don't have raid
set up on this server anyway :-(
---------------------

> I'm curious to know if SELinux is aware of up2date/yum/rpm and lets
> those utilites update packages that would otherwise be blocked. (but
> not curious enough to stop what I'm doing and check the SELinux
> policy ;-)
>
> > gimp                   ###########################################
> > [ 54%]
> > File '/usr/share/applications/fedora-scribus.desktop' contains invalid
> > MIME type 'scd,scd.gz,sla,sla.gz' that contains invalid characters
>
> This is an annoyance in the scribus package. Since it has not been fixed
> up-stream, I'll probably patch it for K12LTSP.
>
> -Eric

look forward to it being available :-)

--
Regards,