[K12OSN] How to specify a custom XF86Config

Nathan Sinton nsinton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 18:05:52 UTC 2005

I'm trying to use a Dell Optiplex 170L as a thin client and it came
with the fussiest monitor I have ever seen.  The monitor is a 17 inch
LCD that says it supports 1280x1024 at 60Hz.  I installed FC3 on it
and it will it runs at 1280x1024 at 72Hz.  When I boot it as a thin
client the only mode I can get it to run in is 640x480 at 60Hz.  I
would like to use the xorg.conf from the FC3 install but I can't seem
to get it to work.  I have it specified in lts.conf and I've put the
file in /opt/ltsp/i386, /opt/ltsp/i386/etc, /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/X11,
and the /tftpboot/whatever location mentioned in lts.conf.readme.  I
also made symlinks to it named XF86Config and XF86Config-4 in all of
those directories.  I'm probably missing something but the thin client
seems to not even look for the file.

-Nathan