[K12OSN] lts.conf

The Prof joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 20:47:43 UTC 2005

Hello,

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:56:19 -0500 (EST), Jim McQuillan <jam at mcquil.com> wrote:
> You don't even need to reboot the client, to get it to re-read those
> entries.
>
> After you log out, just hit  Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.
>
> That will kill the Xserver, which will cycle through, and respawn the
> startx script, which will re-read the config file, and regenerate the
> XF86Config file.

You're KIDDING ME!  Oh if only I had known....I think I spend most of
last year making a single change to lts.conf...rebooting the
client...making another change...rebooting the client...I probably
spent a WEEK just waiting for the reboots :)

That little gem of info has to be added to the lts.conf file comments
for the future!

Joseph