[K12OSN] How do I stop attempted logins

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 11:28:07 UTC 2005

I do something similar at home.  I do not allow ssh
attempts from anywhere except for a few blocks of IP
addresses that I specifically define.

In your case, find out your current public IP address
at home.  Enter it into the dialog box at this site:
www.checkdomain.com  It will tell you your ISP's name
and what blocks of IP addresses they own.  Simply
allow ssh attempts from that block of IP addresses and
you know you will always be allowed access to your
server, even if your dynamic IP address at home
changes.

-Rob

--- "Terrell Prudé, Jr." <microman at cmosnetworks.com>