[K12OSN] SiS drivers

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Tue Mar 22 16:18:13 UTC 2005

the stock sis xserver drivers seems to have a bug with LCD displays that
  output 1280x1024...

This website:

http://www.winischhofer.net/index.shtml

is from the guy who maintains the sis drivers I believe I got it from
"man sis"

it appears there is a driver update there, but installing as per the
instructions on the site did not produce good results...

xserver failed no screens found <hit enter to continue>

a message like the above was produced.

Any tips/hints/ideas?

Also, 'man sis' shows options for the driver...how to incorporate those
into the lts.conf file?

XSERVER = vesa is what I'm stuck with now...and I have a shadowing
effect of the taskbar at the bottom of the display.

--Huck