[K12OSN] Unversal boot disk image path on 4.2....can anyone giveitto me?

Jeff Zidek z-man at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Mar 22 19:52:44 UTC 2005

I tried that one and it failed to work.  The reason I believe is that it is
too large of image to use as a boot sector image which is limited at least
on nero to 128 sectors which is 64K and the image is larger than that.  I
tried writing to floppy and using that an that also failed. I believe the
best soloution will be to make an isolinux boot cd that does these things.
1. boots a kernel

2. detects the hardware and loads pcmcia and network drivers and gets IP
address

3. Then passes control to the LTSP Server

Here is what I have been doing as a work around.  I download and burn the
Special version of SLAX called Popcorn. I use this one because the regular
one has a couple of the configuration problems in it often found when using
slackware with LTSP.  This cd detects and initializes all hardware and login
is simple. Once logged in as root (not a problem when using a live cd)
I then type the comand X -query 192.168.0.254 (the ip of our LTSP server)
and in a snap I have the login screen for the LTSP Server.  I have used this
on several old laptops with pcmcia nics and it worked great.  I am now
attempting to make my own SLAX like live cd that will autologin and check
for a an ip ensuring the nic has one and automatically running the X query
to bring up a screen. I don't know if this helps but It is coming at it from
a different angle.  You can download SLAX popcorn verision  here
http://slax.linux-live.org/download.php