[K12OSN] DPORT-1067 is being ignored -- SOLVED

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 15:38:55 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:45:15 -0800 (PST), Rob Owens <hick518 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Removing the quotes did it.  Thank you all very much.
> DHCP is now working on port 1067.

Just as a point of interest, I had to set up a k12ltsp network like
this recently, and while I have been used to using the universal boot
disk for workstations that the school wants to use in dual boot mode
(k12 with floppy in, Windows with floppy out), I couldn't do that with
port 1067--at least, I couldn't see a way to convert the universal
boot drivers to all used 1067.

So I had to identify the right driver for each old pc the school had.
What I did was put in the universal boot floppy, and even though it
was trying port 67, it still gave me the name of the driver that it
found it could use for the pc.  Then I went to the etherboot site and
configured that particular driver with 1067, put it on a floppy for
that particular pc.  As it turned out, it only took a few drivers,
since the school had put in fairly standardized nic cards.

Steve

--
Steve Hargadon
916-899-1400 direct