[K12OSN] lts.conf query

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Wed Mar 23 16:16:14 UTC 2005

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
Plus I don't get how only entering a
> workstation name would have any consistancy.  Can't workstation names
> change at random depending on lease times and boot orders?

I'm not sure on the whole DHCP leases and stuff...
but not a single one of my thin clients has changed workstation names
since July(the date they went into production status).

And I've personally crashed the server twice(fiddling with stuff I aught
not fiddle with on a production server ;)  Thank Les for pointing me to
BackupPC which makes recovery a snap!

I thought lts.conf or whatever looked at it was merely a script and
usually in scripts I thought you had the ability to do what I was thinking:

maclab = ws101,ws102,...

I'm getting a bug for wanting to learn REAL programming instead of the
meager baby programming I know atm.

--Huck