[K12OSN] Managing usernames and passwords across 6 K12LTSP servers (NEWBIE

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Thu Mar 24 02:23:28 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 at 5:03 PM +0000 wrote:
>> But I'd think that a 100Mb switched backbone should be able to cope with
>> it.

It'll cope, but when you're moving data between servers...such as a home
dir mounted via NFS....with gigabit it will seem like the native HD...with
100baseT....it'll be slower.  Trust me...I've done it both ways and now
run gigabit between the servers.  Big improvement.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us