[K12OSN] repository for K12LTSP 4.2.1 pre-release #1

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Mar 24 17:14:34 UTC 2005

This is rather after-the-fact I suppose, but I consider the support for Mac/PPC clients
to a MAJOR enhancement--MANY thanks to Jim, Chuck, Jim, et al--especially considering
this is a project focused on schools where Macs are more common. That being so, perhaps
this release should be numbered 4.3 rather than 4.2.1.  I'm thinking about this in the
context of conversations with school people that involve recommending they checkout
K12LTSP so they can make better use of their old Macs; I think it will be easier to say
"Get version 4.3" and have them remember it than 4.2.1.  OTOH, since this is the first
run at incoporating the PPC support, and will therefore probably have a few bugs,
perhaps we should save 4.3 for a 'stable' version, even though it presently sounds
pretty solid.  Just some food for thought.

Petre