[K12OSN] Squid Question

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Thu Mar 24 17:59:02 UTC 2005

not for pictures really =)

for text-garbage and blacklisting...they are only as good as your
blacklists and rules...

dansguardian does have 'weighted phrase lists'

something like:   sex == 10 pts., nasty = 10 pts, boobs = 10 pts. etc..
and if any 1 page has 90 pts. (or whatever you set) then the page is not
displayed... also has  -pts.. so education = -10pts, learning = -10pts.
etc..

It works well where I am...images are the hard thing to block for me...
because angeliclady.jpg   might be J-lo with it all hang'n out or
something, or a picture of a "female angel"...anyway one could argue
that you aught not need any filter at a church except for 'accidental'
www.whitehouse.com sort of typo's...in which case most of the blacklists
suffice.

--Huck