[K12OSN] Squid Question

Lee Myrick lee at renarts.org
Thu Mar 24 20:41:14 UTC 2005

I just set up Censornet on our network. Censornet basically IS Squid
and Dansguardian. I do run it on a separate machine, but it's an old
PIII right now. Works fine. Censornet's own documentation is quite good
on how to install. I'd say the choice factor between Censornet and
Squid/Dansguardian is how much you want to play with the system
yourself. With Censornet, you mostly can't go into a file with Vim or
Emacs and edit it, as it will be overwritten the next time you start
Censornet. Censornet is also free, although you can purchase
image-level filters and support (or donate to them once you're up and
running successfully).

Lee Myrick
Information Technology Coordinator
Renaissance Arts Academy