[K12OSN] Squid Question

David Whitmer dwblue02 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 05:06:06 UTC 2005

I use Censornet on my home lan, and also administer
Censornet at my son's school.  Censornet does
overwrite files, as already mentioned.  However, it
provides template files that you can manually change
(e.g. adding custom iptables rules) to preserve your
changes through restarts.  Censornet also has a web
interface for managing users and workstations,
reporting on web activity, and manual changes to
blacklists and whitelists.

I believe Censornet can also authenticate users
against a Samba PDC for single signon setups.  We
don't use it that mode, though, so I'm afraid I can't
answer any questions about getting that kind of setup
working.

HTH,
David Whitmer