[K12OSN] How do i enable XDMCP in K12ltsp 4.2.0 ?

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Mar 28 20:39:50 UTC 2005

Kjell Andersson wrote:
> Hi !
> I did a fresh install again.
> And when i run ltspadmin the only thing s that says no is XDMCP
> it is installed and running but not enabled it says.
> When i go into the login setup from the menu's it is on.
> So why does the ltspadmin say it is not enabled and is not using any of
> the possible windowhandlers ??
> Is it my hardware playing tricks on me i also have to do the installing in text mode
> but when installed the graphics work fine.
>
> Regards Kjell Andersson

Are you experiencing problems, or are you just concerned that ltspadmin
is reporting that XDMCP is not enabled?

K12LTSP turns on XDMCP during the install process. You can always re-run
the install scripts if you want to make sure that it is enabled:

	/opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/gdm.conf-update.pl

-Eric