[K12OSN] Squid Question

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 07:37:14 UTC 2005

Here's an alternative solution.  I run SG/DG and like it in a school
setting, but at home I bought the new Linksys router ($69 Sam's Club)
that has a parental control filter built into the router using some
kind of external proxy server--so it cannot be bypassed by anyone on
the local network.  $40/year.  Basically is a blacklist system (no
weighted phrases).  Was wondering for a long time why nobody did
this--now Linksys and Netopia have models that do.

Only real downside for ltsp is that it sees the ltsp server/clients as
one machine, so whatever filtering level you assign to the server is
the filtering level for all users.  Upside is basic simplicity and
ease of installation and use.

--
Steve Hargadon
916-899-1400 direct