[K12OSN] I need help with an idea

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Wed Mar 30 01:17:28 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I need help with an idea.  With smbldap-installer pretty well set (don't
worry we'll continue to keep it updated)....I'm searching for my next
"big" thing.  My forte is documentation.  I'm thinking of trying to tackle
local apps....in particular Firefox and hopefully the Flash plugin.  I've
taken a peek at the how-to on the wiki at ltsp.org.  I briefly chatted
with Chuck about possibly using Samba/LDAP instead of NIS and he seemed to
indicate that this would be possible.  In fact I can see how much of the
set up of local apps could probably be scripted.  My problem....I'm
limited at the moment on test machines as I've deployed nearly everything
I have.  I will dig one up, but could use some help figuring some of this
stuff out.  Anyone successfully gotten local apps to run?  In
particular....Firefox?  Anyone want to work with me on this?

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us