[K12OSN] Accelerated Reader and Star Reader programs

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Mar 30 17:40:56 UTC 2005

> I got AR to run under Crossover...sort of.  We have a data
> base that it seemed not to connect to.  Any tweaking that
> You did seem to help with any of those problems. ??   Each of our
> schools has a data base that is out on a server and
> The program has to hit that.  It is of course a windows server.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but here it goes.  I house AR
data on a linux server for a couple of the schools I deal with.  When I
first moved the data to the server I could not get anything to connect
to the database.  Problem turned out to be that in Mac and Windows case
on filenames isn't very important, but Linux it is huge.  AR needed all
of the files (if I remember right) to be in lower case.  And when it
asked the Linux server for lower case files it told that app that it
didn't have any.  This seems to be a problem brought about with years
worth of upgrades, some files were store lowercase, some upper case.
You may want to check your data files on the server and see what case
they are in.

I know this is the reverse of what you are doing but maybe with the
client running in CrossOver on Linux the client is needing the correct
case.  Might be a long shot but I know this one stumped me for awhile.