[K12OSN] I need help with an idea

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Mar 30 18:56:57 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 12:48, David Trask wrote:

> >http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/MueKow
> >
> >-Eric
>
> Good idea....though I'm curious...how would you envision this to work?
> (the local apps part I mean)...how will it eliminate the need for
> developing local apps?  Seriously I'm simply trying to see what the idea
> is so I can wrap my head around it.

I think the idea is that the root filesystem NFS mounted by the client
will contain an essentially complete distribution for the client
architecture instead of a special mini-version that has to be
maintained separately.  That means anything you want to execute
locally would be available or at least installable via apt/yum.
You still have to deal with the issues of authentication and
getting the user's home directory mounted.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com