[K12OSN] 4.2.1 release strategy

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Mar 30 20:30:22 UTC 2005

There are not enough hours in a day!

I was going to release 4.2.1 today, but ran out of time last night
before finishing tests on the ISO images. I'm not going to have time to
do it today. My SO has banned me from hacking until Sunday.

But I am happy with the current state of the individual packages.

So rather than delay because I have not been able to fully test the ISO
images, I have switched the yum/up2date/apt-get repositories to point to
the 4.2.1 packages.

That means anyone with 4.2.0 installed can update to 4.2.1 before 4.2.1
is officially released...

That will give me breathing room to finish the ISO image testing while
making the improved packages available for use.

So if you have 4.2.0 installed, you'll see a ton of new packages
available the next time you run yum or up2date.

-Eric