[K12OSN] Release cycle too fast

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Mar 31 18:46:34 UTC 2005

> Since Sept 2003 when 3.1.2 was released we have had 4.0, 4.1
> and now 4.2 and many sub releases to fix problems. That's
> RH9, FC1, FC2 and FC3 in 1.5 years.

I am sure that Ubuntu will have a similar release cycle since it is
newer as well, but hopefully updating K12LTSP features and Platform
features will be an independent process with the new system.

And I don't think the sub releases are only to fix problems, I am
continually seeing new features added as well.  I for one love to see
new features as often as possible, I don't want to wait a year.