[K12OSN] Release cycle too fast

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 19:26:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:43:45 -0600, Jim Kronebusch <jim at winonacotter.org> wrote:
> > Does anyone else agree with me???
> > BTW I run 3.1.2 at my school.
>
> I think that is mainly the goal with Project Muekow.  This should
> offload a lot of the work that is required to make LTSP and K12LTSP work
> giving them the opportunity to focus more on making the improvements you
> have indicated.  If you haven't read the wiki article yet on it you
> should, it may clear up some of your concerns.

I have read it. But my point is that if we didn't have a 4.2 release
we could put our efforts into Muekow instead.  How many of us actually
NEED 4.2 over 4.1? Please understand I think Eric is doing a SUPER
job. But being a teacher + sysadmin + father + husband I know how
precious time can be. So I feel for people like Eric who spend so much
time releasing so often.

I personally think one major release per year should be enough for
everyone. I won't upgrade in the middle of the school year anyway.

--
Robert Arkiletian