[K12OSN] Latest smbldap-installer script available...version 1.2

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Tue Mar 1 16:44:40 UTC 2005

cliebow at downeast.net wrote:
> can you use  net setlocalsid to advantage? i know ith my script it
> would be trivial to do this..chuck
>

>> David Trask wrote:
>>> The latest smbldap-installer script (version 1.2) is now up on my
>>> site (Matt and I tested it at a presentation today)  :-)
>>>
>>> http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap/
>>>
>>> Fixes include the roaming profiles, /bin/bash default...and some new
>>> added features...check it out!
>>>
>>> David N. Trask
>>> Technology Teacher/Coordinator
>>> Vassalboro Community School
>>> dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
>>> (207)923-3100

>> Is it possible to preset the SID when using the script ?
>>
>> I'm trying to setup a new Samba3 / LDAP system that I'll be able to
>> just simply swap in without having to rejoin all the machine to the
>> domain.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Brian

OK I set the SID to my existing domain's SID but when I ran the
smbldap-installer script I had a couple of errors but when I finally got it
to run the localsid had changed again.

I've reset the SID to the correct value using net setlocalsid value but of
cause all the accounts stored in the LDAP backend are wrong, is it a simple
matter of just altering there value's with a LDAP Browser & the sid value in
the smbldap-tools.conf ?

Thanks
Brian