[K12OSN] SELinux postfix/squirrelmail problem

mrok12osn at eastgranby.k12.ct.us mrok12osn at eastgranby.k12.ct.us
Tue Mar 1 22:25:23 UTC 2005

I've been building an email server using K12LTSP 4.2 CD's with updates.
It's based on postfix, dovecot, and squirrelmail.  I've run into an
SELinux issue related to squirrelmail running with postfix.  The sending
of mail is not working.

The problem was recently documented in

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2005-February/msg00181.html

and there is a solution, I think. As excerpted from the above message

"For the benefit of those that follow, could you confirm the steps
necessary to work around this problem are :

Obtain selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.84 from
ftp://people.redhat.com/dwalsh/SELinux/FC3
rpm -Uvh selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.84
restorecon -R -v /var/lib/squirrelmail /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix
/var/spool /var/log
load_policy /etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.18"

Can anyone give me some advice?  Should I wait for the 2.84 targeted
policy to show up when I do a yum update?  Will I mess up future yum
updates if I download 2.84 and install as above?

Mark Orenstein
East Granby, CT School System