[K12OSN] Project MueKow

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Mar 2 17:44:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 07:34, Shawn Powers wrote:

> > Just making sure I understand what you mean by locally....you mean pull
> > the app down the pipe and use the terminals resources to run the app?
>
> If by "pull down the pipe" you mean launching via an nfs mounted
> /usr/bin directory, then I think yes is the answer.
>
> We're still talking diskless workstations (and OMG correct me if I'm
> wrong on that one...)

The fedora 'stateless linux' project covers diskless fat client
workstations plus various levels of automatically caching the
OS onto local drives if you have them.  I think it would be good
if these projects were merged so the setup would be the same
regardless of the resources you want to use on any particular
client. (Note that I haven't actually set up one of these so there
may be problems in the current implementation - it just sounds
like a good idea...)

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com