[K12OSN] Project MueKow

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Wed Mar 2 17:59:05 UTC 2005

The 'Stateless Linux' thing from Fedora is nothing more than an 'Idea'
at this point. There's nobody booting a thin (or fat) client from it
yet.

I was at FUDCON1 in boston a couple weeks ago, and I sat there listening
to Havoc talk about it.  There's some cool ideas there, but they are a
long way from having anything deliverable.

Havoc's comment was:  We think that about 50% of all desktops out there
are really laptop computers, and we are working on a way to keep them
"stateless" so that if you lose a laptop, you can easily replace it.

I'm sorry, but that's just not what my experience in the desktop world
is telling me.

As the "stateless linux" project produces useable code, we'll see what
has value in our world, and what doesn't.  Then we can talk about it.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org