[K12OSN] samba-ldap credentials question

Jimmy Schwankl schwankl at chatham.k12.nc.us
Wed Mar 2 22:13:20 UTC 2005

Dear Listers,

Is the current wisdom with regard to the samba-ldap script from Matt
and David to go with a K12ltsp 4.2 install and then run the installer
script

OR

to go with a k12ltsp 4.2 install run all the updates and then run the
installer script?

I ask because I did the first one and thought everything was going
along pretty well until I tried to use the smbpasswd command and I got
the error message that it was "unable to bind to server"  "Error:
Invalid Credentials."  it also said it was trying to bind the ldap
server but not succeeding.  Anyone seen/know anything about that
message?

I'm using version 1.2 of the script.

The reason I ask this question is because I thought I remembered
reading on the list about someone being bitten by an upgraded package
that put things somewhere the installer didn't know about.

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy

**This message was sent from the Chatham County Schools Mail Server**
*****All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to
the North Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring
and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement.*****