[K12OSN] Build decisions

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Mar 4 07:27:17 UTC 2005

As I mentioned in a prior post, I am currently on Centos.  But I really do
not have anything committed to the Centos build and am in a position to
switch yet again (Whitebox to Centos before).

I have an NT domain with a PDC on one subnet and a BDC on another.  I rely
heavily on WINS as I have devices on other subnets that use the PDC and BDC
as WINS servers.

Of course I need to get off of NT, and Active Directory is not for
me.  Also there are only a handful of user systems, either Win2000 or XP here.

So point me to something that will sell me on the k12osn or the K12LTSP
builds over Centos.  I am looking for stablity and functionality.

Barrs Law of Recursive futility
         If you're smart enough to use one of these....
                 .....you can probably manage without one!