[K12OSN] K12LTSP and Dan's Guardian

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Mar 4 17:24:54 UTC 2005

Mark Cockrell wrote:

> I must have misunderstood somewhere along the line when this was last
> discussed.  So, you're saying that the base DG install will
> transparently filter the client's access?

You first asked whether or not DG could *filter* clients on the same
server. That is a much different question than whether or not it can
*transparently filter* clients on the same server.

The short answer is that transparent filtering does not work on the
terminal server, you need a separate server to do transparent filtering.

Here are few of the frequently asked questions about transparent filtering:

http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/WebFiltering%3AIntegration

-Eric