[K12OSN] accelerated reader

"Terrell Prudé, Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sat Mar 5 18:18:58 UTC 2005

Burt Carter wrote:

>I am trying to get more linux workstations into our network, but my dilema are programs that don't seem to run on Linux.  The biggest one right now is Accellerated Reader.  Has any one had success getting this to work with or in LTSP?  What about other programs that seem to be Windows Only based?
>
>Thanks,
>Burt Carter

Hello Burt,

Not very long ago, there was quite a spirited debate on this list about
this exact subject--programs like Accelerated Reader, Reader Rabbit,
etc. that run only on Windows or Mac OS.  That debate was instigated
largely by me.  At the moment, your options are to try it out on either
WINE or its corporately-backed sibling, CrossOver Office.

If someone has a spare (legal, that is) copy of any of these programs, I
am willing to try it out on CrossOver Office, since I currently have
access to the betas and nightly builds.

--TP