[K12OSN] Fedora Update Problems

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Mar 5 20:04:37 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 07:47, Jason Waskiewicz wrote:
> I am currently running two LTSP labs in my building and am about to start
> up a third. They are all very small classroom labs. They all run RedHat
> Fedora 2.
>
> My problem is that LTSP ceases to work when I download any updates to
> Fedora. My solution so far has been to not download them. If I do download
> them. LTSPAdmin will not let me reconfigure the services that quit
> working, particularly TFTP.

I'd recommend installing from the k12ltsp distribution instead of
separately adding ltsp, and doing the updates fairly often.  That
way you will get updates for the k12ltsp addons at the same time
and if there are any surprises, others on the mailing list will be
seeing the same thing at approximately the same time so it will
be easier to find the solution.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com