[K12OSN] lts.conf/Mtools/Floppy Access problems

Kristin Shoemaker kshoemaker at maldenpubliclibrary.org
Sun Mar 6 12:34:22 UTC 2005

I am having some issues with floppy access on my K12LTSP boxes. It was working great, then suddenly stopped. I checked lts.conf (just to be doubly sure) and floppyd line is not commented out...

Yet I'm getting the error that the drive cannot be initialized. Permission denied.  (sorry I can't give more information, I'm actually writing this from home)

I thought initially a drive had gone bad, but then realized all three machines were doing it. I think it's unlikely all three machines went south... Is there something else I can try?

thanks so much
Kristin

Kristin Shoemaker
Reference/Systems Librarian