[K12OSN] lts.conf/Mtools/Floppy Access problems

Burroughs, Henry HBurroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Sun Mar 6 13:41:12 UTC 2005

Do the floppies work again after you reboot the machines?

Henry

-----Original Message-----
From:	Kristin Shoemaker [mailto:kshoemaker at maldenpubliclibrary.org]
Sent:	Sun 3/6/2005 7:34 AM
To:	k12osn at redhat.com
Subject:	[K12OSN] lts.conf/Mtools/Floppy Access problems

I am having some issues with floppy access on my K12LTSP boxes. It was working great, then suddenly stopped. I checked lts.conf (just to be doubly sure) and floppyd line is not commented out...

Yet I'm getting the error that the drive cannot be initialized. Permission denied.  (sorry I can't give more information, I'm actually writing this from home)

I thought initially a drive had gone bad, but then realized all three machines were doing it. I think it's unlikely all three machines went south... Is there something else I can try?

thanks so much
Kristin

Kristin Shoemaker
Reference/Systems Librarian