[K12OSN] RE: K12OSN Digest, Vol 13, Issue 25

Selzler, Bruce SelzlerB at esuhsd.org
Mon Mar 7 15:11:56 UTC 2005

Hello Team,

I have a couple of questions.  First, is there a way to set up defaults
on the LTSP server that will be mirrored on all of the workstations?
I'm thinking of desktop backgrounds, Firefox favorites, menu bars, that
sort of thing.  I would like every user to have a common desktop,
favorites, etc.

And once you have those set, is there a way to "lock" those in place?
We use Deep Freeze on Windows, so if a student puts something
inappropriate as a desktop background, or puts inappropriate links in
the favorites a simple restart puts everything back to its original
settings.  I'd like to be able to do something similar with LTSP.

Any thoughts?

- Sez