[K12OSN] Jim K's sound configuration question

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 17:44:04 UTC 2005

I got my problem straightened out.  I had to disable
"PnP OS" in the bios.  Once I did this, my pc reported
to me the irq of the soundcard at bootup!  Very handy!
 The info came up right after the display which tells
you what is installed on the primary and secondary IDE
cables, etc.

And by the way, the irq that the computer reported to
me (and which worked when set up in lts.conf) was
different than the irq that this same box was
successfully using when running a local installation
of Mandrake.

Good luck!

-Rob