[K12OSN] K12ltsp V 4.1.1 & new(er) kernels problem

Dan Young dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us
Mon Mar 7 19:15:22 UTC 2005

If you have reply-to set in your mail client to your e-mail address, you
will get mail directly when folks hit reply.

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 10:36 -0800, Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 20:06:31 -0800, Dan Young
> <dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us> wrote:
>
> > Ugh. Debian Woody is, what, almost 3 years old? Waaay too long to wait
> > between releases for a desktop OS. The desktop space is where
> > improvements are being made most rapidly, which is as it should be in a
> > "feature-rich environment." I'd rather not be saddled w/ a 2.4 kernel,
> > Mozilla 1.0, Evolution 1.0, etc.
> >
> > Ubuntu plans to release every six months, but maintain releases for 18
> > months. 4.10 was release in October of last year (see the connection?
> > Version numbers are actually date-stamps) and will be maintained until
> > April 2006.
>
> I meant Sarge (when it goes stable) not Woody. But your point is
> taken. In 3 years I'm sure Sarge will also be considered old.

Yeah, that's what I'm referring to. Right now, sarge is testing (no
timely security updates) and if you can predict their release date,
you're a better man than I. ;-)

--
Dan Young <dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us>
Parkrose School District