[K12OSN] Server load balancing, made easy

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Tue Mar 8 18:42:58 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Tuesday, March 8, 2005 at 11:49 AM +0000 wrote:
>> I see on the ltsp wiki it's possible to use openmosix to do this too.
>> We're looking at installing an 80 seater lab with 2x very powerful
>> servers (Xeon machines with 2GB ram each). Has anyone done this with
>> openmosix before? Or is there a HOWTO / tutorial?

Yes, but understand that the apps you probably need the most help in
"balancing" are OpenOffice and Mozilla or Firefox.....and those apps will
not migrate properly as far as I know....thus defeating the purpose for
the most part.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School