[K12OSN] Re: Windows Users changing password or not as the case may be

Matt Oquist moquist-k12osn at majen.net
Mon Mar 7 17:34:00 UTC 2005

> From: "Brian Chivers" <brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk>
> Ah that fixed it. If you comment out the line that says unix password sync =
> yes users can change there password OK. So I guess it's an update to the
> installer script.

Alternatively, you can set the parameter to "no".  :)

http://majen.net/smbldap/ now has version 1.2.1, which has this
parameter in the smb.conf template file changed to "no".

(Just so no one is confused, it is *not* worth reinstalling everything
to change this.  On your running system edit /etc/samba/smb.conf and
change the value of "unix password sync" from "Yes" to "no".  Then
restart the Samba service and you're done.)

--matt