[K12OSN] problem in starting a new dual boot machine in Linux

Steve Honeycutt steve.honeycutt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 01:54:10 UTC 2005

I don't think this anomaly is specific to MS alone...

I was testing FreeBSD a while back and learnt (according to the BSD
docs) that most if not all OS will not use the entire disk when
partitioning a disk. Something like 6 to 8 mb were left untouched.

To be clear about it, these aren't a seperate partition, but are free
(unused) space.

--
Best Regards,

Steve