[K12OSN] problem in starting a new dual boot machine in Linux

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 11:20:58 UTC 2005

I don't think this is true anymore.  I seem to
remember reading something about bioses (if that's a
word) after a certain date did not have the 1024
cylinder limit.  I can't say for sure, but I can tell
you for sure that I've installed Linux on a machine
that came with Windows XP--I resized the Windows
partition to something like 27 GB and installed Linux
after that, /boot and all.  I used lilo, not grub.

-Rob

--- "Terrell Prudé, Jr." <microman at cmosnetworks.com>