[K12OSN] smbldap log in error (Krsnendu dasa)

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Wed Mar 9 18:07:49 UTC 2005

> From: "Krsnendu dasa" <krsnendu at orcon.net.nz>
> When I add a user using smb LDAP tools I try to log in as my new user
> (Krsnendu) and I get this error message. Then can't proceed.
>
> What can I do? I have some users already in Linux users system. Maybe that
> is confusing things.

Hi Krsnendu,

Your existing users shouldn't be a problem unless they exist
simultaneiously as regular Linux users *and* Samba/LDAP users.

Can you tell us which error message you get?  It's difficult to
diagnose your problem otherwise.  :)

Also, how/where are you trying to log in?  The GUI?  A terminal or
ssh?  Windows?  A thin-client?

--matt