[K12OSN] Installing 4.2.0 via NFS (please HELP!)

richard ingalls aslansreturn at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 19:44:55 UTC 2005

For reasons beyond my understanding, I CANNOT install
from my CD ROM.  It boots from CD, normal boot screen,
hit <enter> at the prompt to begin normal install,
then no GUI and it asks me where I want to install
from: CD, hard drive, NFS, HTTP, etc.  If I choose
CDROM it tells me it cannot find a CDROM drive to
mount.  SO, I have copied the .ISOs to the hard drive
of this PC as well as to another LTSP server in my
building.  I have exported the directory (NFS) where
these .ISOs are located on the remote server, so I'm
ready to try installing via NFS.

Can anyone tell me how to proceed from here?

Ultimately, my goal is just to get 4.2.0 installed on
this machine - I don't care what method I have to use
to accomplish this goal.

Any help?

Thanks.