[K12OSN] Setting quotas and remote X win connection from MS Windows

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 11:26:05 UTC 2005

For remote x sessions from windows, you can install
Cygwin and Cygwin/X.  They are a free download.  Once
installed, you can install openssh into Cygwin and use
that to connect to the server, or I guess you could
use any other ssh client (but I've only tried
openssh).  Once logged into the server, you should be
able to launch any gui program you want.  There's a
command to get the entire linux desktop to display on
your Windows machine, but I can't remember it.

-Rob