[K12OSN] Help design a new elementary school!

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 17:54:51 UTC 2005

I did my house right before we finished our basement.
I didn't know exactly what I wanted to go where, so I
ran wires too and from easy-access points, like
closets.  It turned out to be pretty flexible, because
I could change what connects to where by changing
connections that were easily accessible in the
closets.  For instance instead of running wires from
the basement directly to upstairs, I ran wires from
the basement, into a closet, and then from the closet
to upstairs.

Another thing I did:
When the ceiling / walls were all open and I was
running the conduit, I ran some wires that I knew I
was going to need.  But I didn't run them in the
conduit, because the purpose of the conduit was to
make *future* wiring projects easier.  Of course I
could have just bought more conduit, but I was on a
budget and had space constraints as well.

-Rob