[K12OSN] How to discover latest packages installed by Yum

Ben Nickell twinprism at athena.physics.isu.edu
Thu Mar 10 20:24:42 UTC 2005

>>cat /var/log/yum.log
>>

>Unfortunately, this file on my server is empty. Nothing in it. Maybe
>because I  rebooted the server since my last yum update. Is there any
>other way?
>
>Is there a dir where the downloaded packages are kept? Maybe I can
>sort them by date?

Try...

cat /var/log/yum.log .1

or yum.log.2, etc.

or if your logs are compressed.

zcat /var/log/yum.log.1.gz

to see all yum logs and their sizes...

ls -l /var/log/yum*

You could also try, 'ls -latr'  (show the latest file last) is the
various directories in /var/cache/yum. The subdirectories here should
correspond with  repositories configured in yum.conf.  If you have done
a 'yum clean' or something these could be wiped out, so this method
isn't very reliable.

On my system, the packages for the 'updates' repository is in
/var/cache/yum/updates/packages

HTH,
Ben Nickell