[K12OSN] Ldap address book functionality?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Mar 11 18:26:43 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 08:30, cliebow at downeast.net wrote:
> Les: It would be trivial to add any field you like with my script..I just
> don't know what it needs to look like..chuck

The problem is I don't know enough about it to give an intelligent
answer.  I think addressbook stuff uses the inetorgperson schema but
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/LDAP-Implementation-HOWTO.html
mentions specific microsoftaddressbook and netscapeaddressbook schemas.

The sendmail info is at:
http://www.iconimaging.net/~jradford/sendmail/sendmail-ldap.html

Then I don't know how you glue the stuff together so that these
entries can be managed along with the authentication stuff but
does not have to correspond exactly: you might want to have
contact info or email addresses for people who can't log in.
But, it would be great to have one tool to manage this all in
one place regardless of the number of machines involved.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com