[K12OSN] smbldap changing password

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu at orcon.net.nz
Mon Mar 14 03:35:56 UTC 2005

[Krsnendu dasa] I reinstalled K12LTSP 4.2 and installed ldapsmb using the
installer. Now it is working. I had to reboot K12LTSP to get it to work
though. It would be good to mention this in the HOWTO if this is something
everyone will have to do.

Now I can login to windows and linux using the same username and password.

Is there any way users can change their own passwords? With just K12LTSP I
gave the users a standard password and they were able to change it
themselves using preferences/password. They enter their existing password
then they enter the password of their choice twice.

I tried doing this after the smbldap install. If first prompted for the
current password (this time ldap was mentioned in the prompt) then it said
new UNIX password. After doing this I could notice no change. Logging in to
K12LTSP wouldn't accept the new password. It worked using the original
password.

Login to windows also uses the original password.

Is there any way the users can change their own password the gets saved in
ldap-smb?