[K12OSN] RE: Help design a new elementary school!

Kevin Shira kevins at centerusd.k12.ca.us
Mon Mar 14 17:29:30 UTC 2005

It may seem like a small point, but I would certainly plan for this if I
had the opportunity to design a school from scratch.

Your school's layout sounds as if each classroom will have one wall with
windows - and this is the wall I would avoid for data drops (if possible).

The last place you want a monitor is in front of a window.  Even with
blinds in place, the window can admit enough light to cause eyestrain.
(And purists might argue it can cause eye damage, since the retina opens
wider than it has to and admits too much light - and UV rays - for the
task at hand.)

Cheers,

--
Kevin Shira