[K12OSN] Push Icon to desktop problem

Liam Marshall lsrpm-1 at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 15 03:41:51 UTC 2005

With version 4.1 because I had "classes" directories as sub dirs of HOME and
users within each class directory, I needed to edit the Push Icon to
Desktops file in usr/sbin in order to get it to go to a particular classes
users.

I tried to do that with 4.2 and discovered that I had pushed the icons to
everybody, in all classes, even teachers.

Now most teachers do not need a link to starfall.com or pbskids.org

I guess in 4.2 someone fixed the problem of nested home directories.  I
didn't even look at the script closely.  Frankly, I don't understand a lot
of it.

Anyway, I feel I need two things

1.	A copy of the original file for Push Icons to desktop, from usr/sbin
to get it back to original condition.  I am afraid I messed mine up and
didn't save a copy of the original
2.	and I would appreciate a way/script to remove an icon/link from
desktops globally, like Push Icon.. Now does.  I really need to get the
kiddie programs off the older kid's desktops, not to mention the staff
members.  I shudder to think of manually deleting it from each Desktop
folder