[K12OSN] SchoolTool Installation/Possible Inclusion with K12LTSP

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Mar 16 17:13:33 UTC 2005

With the recent discussion of a sort of future partnership with Ubuntu
and the Mark ShuttleWorth foundation, could this possibly be included as
a built-in software with K12LTSP in a future release?

It has quite a few dependancies from what I notice all in source and
takes quite awhile to install, and very criptic for a beginner.  I have
a school (and depending on the results possibly more) interested in
using this to manage their school.  However after making the suggestion
to install it he is having some trouble getting it installed.

Given the future and the scope of what this software covers I think it
would be awesome to have bundled.

Also if anyone has and installation notes or detailed instructions
please post them so I can send them off to the school.

Thanks

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188